Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Art Wank

Jesus, I canny believe I've been down here for over a year and only just paid a visit to Trash. I don't want to say it's London's version of Optimo, but it was quite similar in crowd and music, if not aesthetic and ethos. Hahaha, what the fuck am I talking about.

Anyways, the reason I ended up there is thanks to these boys - A Cult Called Karrianna, who were playing at the Elephant and Castle in Camden, on Monday night. The only way I can think of describing them is - Motley Crue, fronted by Bobbie Gillespie, covering Bon Jovi songs in the stlye of Felix Da Housecat, New Order and Depeche Mode.

They fucking rocked, and afterwards my mate and I found ourselves wandering Tottenham Court Road, following the gay hair and t-shirt and tie crowd to Trash. A good time was had by all, and work the next day was a fucking chore.

Back up to Glasgow tomorrow. Fan-cunting-tastic.

Aw yeah, and you absolute jerk-offs had better be watching The Mighty Boosh.

4 comments:

Marc'o van Bastard said...

Why the fuck would I need life insurance? Are you threatening me?

Jed said...

i've watched shaun of the dead about twenty times by now and i still have no fucking clue what the hell you just said. haha i have an SUV!

Marc'o van Bastard said...

Ah, see - that's where your problem lies. Although I live in London, I'm actually from Glasgow, so understanding the patter in 'Shaun of the Dead' is of no use to you at all.

What you need to do is watch Mission Impossible II. The main baddie is a guy called Dougray Scott, and he's Scottish. When you understand him, then you will be closer to understanding me.

Jed said...

i have seen this, and i'm familiar with said actor as far as that movie goes. oh man i totally loved the part where tom cruise catches whateverhernameis running behind a house to say "there's nothing to worry about, blah blah blah" and she runs off, and holy shit! it's actually dougray scott. man i almost cried. hey look, some sort of word verification system to ensure that i'm not some jackoff index-spidering blogs' comment pages!