Monday, November 29, 2010

CREATION

Regular viewers should be aware of the trials and tribulations I've been through with my laptop, Percy (Laptop Bastard). He died a few years ago, very nearly taking my completed second (I think it was that one) album with him. He was kindly patched up by a friend, to become Percy Laptop Bastard 2.0, and served me well for a time.

About a year ago, I noticed he started to get slow and sluggish, and generally past his prime, so recently I got a new one. A beast. It's taken me a month or so, but I've got it all tricked the fuck out, and now I'm rocking Reason (with a nice wee Korg control interface) for music, and Premier (and a proper pro transcoder) for videos, as well as the other Windows 7 niceness.

So I guess, what I'm getting at, is - I now have some decent kit, so in theory, my creative output should be decent-er.

Prepare for war

(Addendum - the old laptop has been freshened with the new Ubuntu. He's now 'Percy Laptop Bastard 3.0', and I have no idea what to do with him)

No comments: