Thursday, June 16, 2005

Waxing Gibbous

Do you know that way, when you've built something up in your mind and you're really looking forward to it, then it turns out to be utter shite? Well, I had been looking forward to 65daysofstatic for so long, I was sure that was going to happen. And did it? Did it fuck. They are easily one of the best bands I have ever seen - the drummer, especially, is fucking insanely talented. The only way I can think of describing the cacophany they create (and I hate doing this) is like a cross between Mogwai, M83, Squarepusher and Venetian Snares. My ears are still ringing. Buy everything of their's you can, savour it, and bask in the knowledge that if there is any justice in the universe, they are going to be fucking giant.

Sin City. That was the other thing I've been looking forward to for ages. I won't bore you with a sub par review, needless to say it's fucking brilliant.

I'm getting lazy at this writing malarkey. I'm off to Wales for the weekend, hopefully when I come back I'll be full of vigour and enthusiasm. And stories of drink, drugs, explosions and the shooting of rabbits. Yup.

2 comments:

Jed said...

the monopoly on my sin city excitement was held by the promise of catching a glimpse of carla gugino's exsquisite cans. i was rewarded handsomely.

Marc'o van Bastard said...

Yes, but you were rewarded with a glimpse of not only her cans, but a delicious stump as well.