Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Dipsomaniac run amok

So here I sit in work, casually watching 'Ready Steady Cook', STILL recovering from a hefty set of drinking excursions (party on Saturday, session on Sunday, work Xmas party on Monday) and being in possession of roughly 37% of required Xmas presents. My brain is completely fucked; I'm tired, hungry, shaky and bored and I need to go home after work and tidy up my room, wash clothes, put up curtains, cook dinner and play GTA. I'm working the next 5 days, then I'm stuck on a train for 5 hours back to Glasgow come Tuesday morning. All in all, the run up to Xmas isn't going very well for me.

But I have found this: Tesco Value Lager! For fuck's sake - is there nothing Tesco can't render down through their magical process into the cheapest possible alternative? I shudder to think what in God's name it tastes like, and at 3% - WHY WOULD YOU FUCKIN' BOTHER? Imagine the looks you'd get if you sauntered up to the checkout with a crate of these beauties under your arm. I'm tempted to wander into Tesco down the road, to thank them for brightening up my horrendously shite day.

I got 2 new albums in the post yesterday - Scientific American - Strong For The Future and Team Doyobi - Pushchairs For Grownups [Remixed]. They are still ensconced in their shiny cellophane wrappers at the mo', but I shall report back on their quality soon(ish).

No comments: