Tuesday, December 28, 2004

'Five dead, thirty three wounded in Domino Day tragedy'

Can you believe it's all over? Xmas is done for another year. Santa was good to me, he furnished me with many new and shiny DVDs, some CDs and some other stuff to see me through the cold, early months of 2005. It was good to see the family and the boys again - suffice to say I drank my fair share of cerveza and ate enough turkey to stun a horse. Optimo on Boxing Day was fucking sweet, too. My jaw's still fucked.

And now I'm back at work. Watching Domino Day on Channel 5. Can you fucking believe it? They actually have guys commentating on toppling dominoes. TOPPLING FUCKING DOMINOES! With classic lines like 'Wake up, and smell the dominoes, my friend' and 'Careful down there, you're about to be covered... in DOMINOES', it's like watching Alan Partridge, and I'm far too fucking tired for that.

To put the full stop on 2004, I shall be seeing in the bells on Hogmany at Hoxton Pimps. Roots Manuva is playing live, as are Fat Truckers, DJ Vadim, Attica Blues and shitloads of other folks, it's on till 7AM, for fuck's sake. It will be good.

No comments: