Thursday, January 20, 2005

Diane, I have in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies

Holy fuckin' shit, that took a lot longer than I thought. After an hour of cutting up tape, lining up bits of paper and the over-misuse of colourful curse words - the massive Rasterbation is UP. Ho ho, it's a fucking belter, I swear to Christ. But before we get to that, let's look at the lengthy, and particularly uninteresting process I went through before I even started putting it up.

The other day I decided I was going to use the cool picture of Johhny Depp in 'Fear and Loathing'. I ran it through the Rasterbator and... well, after printing it out it looked like this:


Bat country you say?

This, while pretty cool, wasn't exactly what I was looking for - so up on the wall it did not go. I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do with the 21 sheets of A4 that this baby used up. I imagine they'll be used by Drunk Me to scrawl messages to Sober Me, to remember to buy milk or some shit.

I decided to piss about and waste some more ink by putting Agent Cooper from Twin Peaks above the kitchen door:


Harry, just what do you call those magnificent trees?

...look at him, watching over the sitting room like some iron willed god. 'That's damn fine coffee', he seems to playfully say, while fixing you, paradoxically, with the cold dead eyes of a veteran FBI Agent. I wish that photo turned out better, but alas - I canny get it to look decent. Remember that bit in the first series of Twin Peaks when he walks by the llama? The look they give one another still sends me into apoplexy.

So, with that one in place I decided to pay homage to one of my favourite trash films of all time - The Boondock Saints. If you haven't seen it you should check it out - it's a cool wee piece of brain candy, and has enough random violence in it to keep even the most desensitized bastard interested. They're like Irish Punishers! These bad boys now reside in space above my bedroom door:


We have to fuck with him

OK, I know they don't look too hot in this photo, but in real life they look fuckin' badass. You have to walk under their silenced pistols and menacing gaze to walk out of my room.

Now, on to the main event. I've been on a bit of a David Lynch trip recently, watching Twin Peaks, watching the films, downloading music from said films, etc. so I thought 'Fuck it, it really should be Mulholland Drive'. My favourite image that I could find from the film is this beauty:


Utter beauty

...it's absolutely perfect; it has the right contrast, it's iconic, it's the fuckin' shit. And when printed out onto 32 pieces of A4 and carefully tacked up on the wall above my bed it looks like this (click it to see it bigger):


I'm in love with these bits of paper

...sweet fancy fuckin' Moses, is that not a thing of beauty? It's glorious, it truly is. It completely dominates my entire bedroom. Christ, I feel like fuckin' 'King of the Pimps', all I need now is a mirror over my bed.

No comments: