Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Soft, like a velvet child

Following on from yesterday (and in more ways than one - fuck me in the face with a Biro, I might actually be building some sort of narrative structure here), I thought I'd draw your attention to the video for 'Soulwax - E-Talking'. Yes Officer, fiver eachIt's a clever wee video and the song's pretty cool too, though I think they start to lose it towards the end (the video I mean, not the song). I mean, since when did anyone really consider whiskey to be a drug? Though, come to think of it I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a narcotic beginning with 'W'. Actually, no - fuck it, that's easy - Wormwood, as contained in Absinthe. There's yer drug beginning with 'W' (which is still, technically alcohol). The video was filmed in Fabric, and I was actually in the DJ booth that Soulwax are seen DJ'ing in, with paper bags on their heads. Not that I was actually doing anything productive when I was there, no, because I am a talentless fuck when it comes to music. I was mostly getting in the way.

Right-o - onto the video. You can view it here.

Enjoy.

No comments: