Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Embrace the Infinite

Well that was a pretty hectic weekend. On Saturday I did fuck all, 'cept sit in the flat and drink Grolsch/use the 'net. I gave that 'Jerry Springer - Opera' a swatch, just to see what all those demented fuckwits were getting themselves in a tizzy over. It was quite funny and had some decent songs, but it wasn't groundbreaking. Or maybe it was, I've never really seen an opera before, modern or otherwise. David Soul was cracking as Jerry, he was quite uncanny in his depiction.

On Sunday I was guestlisted for Fabric. It's the first time I've been there (first time I've been anywhere near Farringdon, too), and it was a fucking monster of a night. The sound system in the place is fuckin' immense, you could hear every little nuance of the music. What was supposed to be a 'quiet' night got slightly out of control - I ended up, off my champer, sitting in some wee tea bar at 5.30am, drinking scolding hot tea with a bunch of randoms from Chelmseford. Oh, and we nearly died on the way home. The taxi fucked right into a bag of bricks on the A40 and we were nearly mangled on the crash barrier. After we came to a standstill, we made our excuses, then got the fuck outta there and onto the Tube. All in all, a good night.

And that's the end of this 'Dear Diary' moment. I'll try and have something important/funny to say tomorrow when I've fully recovered from this ungodly *hangover*.

[Oh, if you don't have it yet I strongly advise going here and downloading 'Daft Punk is Playing At My House (Soulwax Shibuya Remix)'. It's fuckin' awesome and kicks the balls off the original. Oh aye, try and find 'Soulwax - E-Talking (Soulwax Nite Version feat. Nancy Whang)' , too. I would find it for you, but I'm not your bitch - one track is all your getting.]

No comments: